Preventing internal threats is not an easy task. It is indicated by the variety of behaviour so that you can check from where the potential threat enters. It is only half part of the battle. For collecting the whole data regarding the activities of all users, the insider threat investigator needs a reliable tool. Although, it is also a mistake to completely give up on behavioural indicators. They permit you to locate operators who raise the possibility of mean insiders and well arrange them for a probable attack by focussing their attention. Here, we will discuss the different behavioural investigator of insider threats. First, we need to understand about the insiders. An insider is a person who belongs to a certain firm or group. These persons have valid permission to access the secured data many times. Due to valid access, they come into an idol state to threaten data security. It is also true that now each insider has equal level to access data and also not every insider do the threat of the same level. To stop or detect these threats incident response specialist works on it. They tried to find the incident and take all required action to detect and analyse it. They are responsible to tell the highly serious incidents in the rest part of the company. Here we will discuss some common kinds of insider threats:
- Dissatisfied employees: There are a lot of things that make dissatisfied an employee. Delay or stop the promotion of employee affects their working for a company. Poor relations with boss or colleagues also affect the loyalty of an employee towards their company. They misuse their position in the company and make harm to it.
- Spiteful employees: These are a type of employees who work for steal, leak and delete the valuable data with the wrong intention. They misuse their approach in a company. There is a small difference between dissatisfied employees and spiteful employees. A dissatisfied employee does harm in case of taking revenge from the company while spiteful employees do with intention.
- Insider agents: These are the corporate of government employees working in your company. It can be anyone either a newcomer or a trusted employee. Their motive is to steal the confidential data of a company and share it with your competitors in return for a prize.
- Regular employees: With confidential data, these employees rarely leak the data. It may happen by mistake or they compromise with corporate’s basic structure after being a target of fishing.
- Third-party provider: generally, they have no control over cybersecurity. You can control this through an audit however it does not guarantee for full protection of data.